The applicant should have:
- Engineering degree from an accredited programme or course of study
- The applicant should have a minimum of 2 years experience in the field of study under a registered professional engineer, at least one of those years being in Jamaica or another Caricom state.
How to apply:
- Go to the website and download the application form CLICK HERE (individuals) | CLICK HERE (organizations)
- Complete as per instructions on the form
- A registered engineer in the discipline that the applicant desires to be registered, who can attest to the applicants experience, must sign the form in the designated area and attached his/her verifying initials
- A Justice of the Peace will need to sign the form in the designated area
- A copy of the organization chart showing position of applicant in the organization
- Originals of the degrees and copies must be presented
- Passport size photograph of the applicant signed by the Justice of the Peace must be presented
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae for the applicant must be submitted
- Application fee of $3000 must be paid upon submission
- Submit the form and documents to the PERB office together with the application fee
What to expect:
- Mandatory test on PERA & Code of Conduct Test – Pass mark of 70%
- If applicant is successful in the test (for each a pass of 70%)
- The Secretariat will contact the applicant regarding the status of the applicantion within 45 days of siting the test.
- The Board will review and make a decision regarding the application
- The decisions of the Board may be as follws:
- Register in the category/categories requested
- The applicant will be asked to produce additional documents to substantiate the application or,
- The applicant will be asked to attend an interview or,
- Not to register
- If recommended for registration, the applicant is required to pay the registration fee as well as the cost of the stamp or seal.
Note: Annual Practicing fees are due on the 1st January each year.
- Application Form (individuals) | Application Form (organizations)
- Originals of Certificates and Degrees
- Copies of the Certificates and Degrees
- Curriculum Vitae
- Company Organization Chart
- Application fee of J$3000
Application for organization.
- Download and complete the application form for organization
- Form must indicate the engineer (s) on record for the organization
- Each category of engineering must have a leat one registered engineer in the category; who is up to date in his/her registration
- The form must clearly identify the category in which registration is requested
- Attach a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation and the Articles of Association/Articles of Incorporation for the organization
- Pay an application fee of JA$3,000
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact the PERB office:
9 Leinster Road, Kingston 5, Jamaica WI